Saturday, May 28, 2011

Bourdain Discovers the wonders of Sisig from the Philippines

I am definitely a fan of the the traditional pig face sisig, but living here in the SF Bay Area, we get a bounty of variations of the popular "pulutan" staple. One of my favorites has to be bangus sisig. Marvin of Burnt Lumpia has a delicious recipe for you to try at your next fiesta or family dinner. Thanks Marvin for the great post. For those of you who are Bourdain fans, check out this clip from No Reservations as Tony is treated to some authentic sisig from the famous Aling Lucing restaurant.

I haven't been in the kitchen for a while and a ton of ideas have been brewing in my little head. My next experiment will be to create a squid sisig......wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. I was so fortunate to dine at Aling Lucing's in Pampanga. For the bangus sisig, I had it at Bangus Restaurant in Greenhills. It's been a lifetime ago, and I think it's time to recreate those dishes!

    ReplyDelete